A draft HIV-specific law was proposed in 2004 that includes many protective provisions. However, it also mandates disclosure to spouses following an HIV-positive diagnosis and criminalises “deliberate transmission or facilitation of transmission of HIV to other persons as well as “threatening to transmit HIV to other persons.” It is unclear whether this law has ever been enacted.
Please contact us if you have any further information.
Draft Law On HIV/AIDS Prevention and Control, 2004
Article 8 Rights and Obligations of Persons with HIV/AIDS
Persons with HIV/AIDS shall have these obligations:
- Implement prevention and transmission of HIV to other people;
- Inform their spouses about the positive HIV test result;
- Other obligations provided for by this Law and other laws.
Article 9 Banned Actions
The following actions shall be banned:
- Deliberate transmission or facilitation of transmission of HIV to other persons.
- Threatening to transmit HIV to other persons.